Thursday, March 15, 2012

Nocturne in the Moonlight

When Heroes of Shadow came out, I became especially thrilled at all the new nonsense I could implement into my D&D Encounters character cards.  After flipping through the book, I knew that I wanted to start work on Castlevania themed characters, as I was always a big fan of the series.  Besides, I figured, the Castlevania characters would be a relatively easy match.

After spending far too much time trying to work a whip into a character, I gave up in frustration and tried something different.  I thought of an iconic character in the game that WASN'T a Belmont.  From there, I arrived at this.
The Son of Dracula returns!
An effective translation of SotN.
This allowed me a great opportunity to use the fantastic Castlevania (Dracula X) cover art by Ayami Kojima.  Although I would grow tired of her style (as everybody starts to look the same after a while), the cover for Dracula X always impressed me.

The observant will likely realize that Alucard is a Vryloka Blackguard.  As Alucard used weapons and the like, it seemed inappropriate to make him a Vampire.  We'll just have to wait and see what character gets matched up to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment