Wednesday, April 11, 2012

D&D: The Clone Wars (Part 2)

I almost feel silly putting Anakin Skywalker out there without his respectable Jedi Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi.  Obi-Wan was less of a thought exercise as I jumped relatively quickly to the Bladesinger class in making him.  Some of his "force powers" are a bit strange but the effect is generally pretty reasonable (trips, pushes, etc).
Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, ready for action.
Introducing Niman-Style Attacks!
This was the first Star Wars themed character card where I did substantial research on Jedi lightsaber fighting styles.  I wanted to find a way to refer to the bladesinger's bladesongs in a way that sounded in-theme.  After substantial Internet research, I discovered that the combat style that integrates Force powers is called "Niman," or Lightsaber Form VI.  From there, a character was made.

The bladesinger really always felt like somebody had been thinking of Jedi and tried to implement them into the game.  Although I've always been upset that the bladesinger is a wizard variant instead of a swordmage variant, I've learned to accept it and continue creating bad ass character cards.  No matter what you call the original class, the Obi-Wan Kenobi character represented here is the kind of Jedi Master you expect to see in a guy like Obi-Wan.

No comments:

Post a Comment