Monday, July 16, 2012

D&D: The Clone Wars (Part 10)

For the longest time, I had a real problem with respect to two things in the whole D&D/Star Wars crossover.  First of all, I had really wanted to do a dual-lightsaber character but did not want to use villainous characters (such as Assajj Ventress).  Secondly, I had spent a great deal of time not knowing what to do with Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker's apprentice.  Both of these things bothered me and I would never have guessed that the two issues would one day come together.

But they did.  When I was watching season 3 of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, I noticed that Ahsoka Tano had two things hanging from her belt.  I assumed that one was a ... scanner?  Honestly, I had no idea what it was, but the one thing I knew it couldn't be was another lightsaber.  That is, until the Mortis trilogy, where she busted out dual lightsaber action!  It's like the writers had heard my thoughts, unduly upset about not being able to properly work a two-weapon character into my D&D re-skin.

The color is just because it matched the picture....
Dual lightsaber wielding action!
I found it somewhat difficult picking all of the appropriate class features for Ahsoka.  I wanted to make sure that anybody who picked her up (and knew waaaaay too much about Star Wars) would feel like she had been done right.  Ahsoka is an interesting character because she was put into the story to be a sort of reflection of Anakin Skywalker and his slow progression throughout the series.  This is somebody who learned the important parts of being a Jedi from somebody who is slowly being corrupted to darkness.

For those curious, this variant of Ahsoka is an Elf Ranger (Scout).  I felt that the higher Elf speed matched Ahsoka's agile style while the ability to re-roll an attack seemed to fit Ahsoka and her ability to do the most ridiculous stuff as a Padawan.  It seemed to work out well.

5 comments:

  1. Are you making those... in Word? I'm working on my Avatar sheets, following your example, in InDesign.

    Most impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All done in Adobe Illustrator CS3. It's what I had installed at the time and now I'm sort of ... stuck?

    I'd be happy to send you a few files if it would help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, that would totally rock. I assumed Word because that's what Acrobat's "File Details" told me. And then I went and believed it because Sersa Victory over at Save Versus Death manages to make it look good. I take it Ameron used Word to turn your images into a PDF?

      However you want to get that to me should work. I am "angille" everywhere, including Twitter, Gmail, etc. Thanks a bunch in advance!

      Delete
    2. Ameron took the PNG images and saved them using Word.

      I'm a bit busy this weekend and it will take me time to figure out what I need to send, but I'll get those to you sometime in the next week.

      Delete
    3. Take your time. I wouldn't want to stress anyone out over my game other than myself.

      And I have ALL THE FONTS and my own (or at least, various DeviantArtists' own) artwork for the sheets, so any single .ai file will do the trick.

      Delete