Friday, June 8, 2012

So You Want To Be A Hero? (PWA 1.1)

Phantasy Warrior Advance: So You Want To Be A Hero?

Many years ago, as I started applying to various law schools, I got somewhat frustrated with the process.  Granted, after many years in the Navy, I should have been used to it, but it always confounded me how laborious the process for applying to law school is.  Even the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) website, which is meant to streamline all law school applications, felt like an exercise in ridiculous labor.

When I was young, I played the old Sierra game Hero's Quest: So You Want To Be A Hero (later renamed Quest for Glory I: So You Want To Be A Hero).  The game was all about you being a recent graduate of the Famous Adventurer's Correspondence School.  I never thought much of it until I was older.  It seemed like a school for perspective heroes seemed like a funny thing to think about.  From that, I started putting together a little comic about it.

I never really know where I go with these things.  Making fun of ridiculous acronyms is generally worth a good laugh and I always liked how people go out of their way to name things such that the acronym is entertaining.  I've seen a fair amount of it in both the Navy and law.

No comments:

Post a Comment